Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hi. My name is Becky. I'm a sockaddict.

Phew! I'm so glad to get that off my chest! I made my first pair of socks last fall, but started "collecting" sock yarn long before that. I haven't completed many pairs yet (well, only 2 to be honest), but I spend the majority of my knitting time looking at patterns and acquiring MORE sock yarn. I've finished the basic sock pattern from Socks Soar on Two Circulars knitted in Koigu and the Thuja socks from Knitty, made from Artyarns Supermerino (those were for my Dad's Christmas present - he hasn't worn them yet, but Mom says he goes areound telling everyone I made socks for him!). I have a pair of Broadripple socks and a simple pair out of Lorna's Laces on my needles right now. And more sock yarn on its way from KnitPicks. Is there some sort of medication I should ask my Dr for?!

Glad to be in good company at least!

2 comments:

LaBean said...

Hey Becky! Was wondering where you had gone to. Welcome to sockaddiction at it's finest. Between you and Karen I've been inspired to rummage through my stash and count up all my sock yarn(send a search party if I'm not back in 15 years!) and post the results. So, you've done socks from 'Socks Soar...'. I have that book and couldn't get my head around the cast on. I want to try it again though; I so dread the second sock syndrome. Sometimes I can barely pull myself through the FIRST sock.. just because I know the second is just waiting for me.

Texanadian said...

Why yes, Becky, there IS something that you can ask the good Doctor for...His AMEX, VISA AND MASTERCARD, so you can buy MORE SOCK YARN!!! For you and all of your fellow twelvesteppers!

May all your stitches be true...