Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It's been a while

And it's not like I haven't been knitting socks. I've knit up a storm of socks! But in the interest of, well, interesting, I'll just show you the most recent two pairs.

First - my first pair of Lorna's Laces socks!
Generic Feather & Fan Socks
Pattern: Wendy's Generic Feather & Fan
Yarn: Lorna's Laces in Purple Club
Details - Magic Cast-On Toe US Size 1 Needles.

Second - my proudest pair to date - The Embossed Leaves Socks!

Embossed Leaves Socks

From Winter 2005 Interweave Knits
Trekking XXL in color # 109

I did these in less than 4 days! Such a quick and clever knit! I knit these up for a store sample to sell out an extra dozen or so copies of this issue. I can't wait until I can get them back and wear them! I love the fit of the round star toe - a first for me. I do believe I'll be using that again.

Currently, I'm working on a pair of Whiskers and Paw Prints socks out of some Koigu. One of my resolutions (besides knitting from my stash) was to knit with all the lovely sock yarns I've bought. First up was the Lorna's Laces, now the Koigu, next the Socks that Rock! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Susann said...

Oh, the Trekking #109 is gorgeous! As are the socks!
I think I will add this for me to the order I just placed.

I'm also wondering why I almost never knit sock patterns from magazines, as there is some pretty stuff out there.