Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Wendy's Generic Toe-Up Socks

As Bean would say, "Weeeeeee!" Oh wait, no, she'd say "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Wendy's Generic Toe-Up Socks

These are my first Toe-Up socks, and I'm sold! Love them! They actually fit me! And the short row heel feels good too. But I had holes, even though I picked up the double wraps, so I wove some extra yarn back through the holes and closed them up. Bean mentioned adding extra stitches in the gaps (I assume that meant the holes?) to take care of that problem. How so? Some KFBs? When I pick up the wraps, I transfer the wrapped stitch to the right needle, lift up the wraps with my left needle onto the right, then I knit them or purl them all together. Is this the way y'all do it to? Help! I love the short row, but the holes bug me! Am I going to have to weave everytime?

As mentioned in the title, these are Wendy's Generic Toe-Up Socks.

Yarn: Sockotta 6670 "Fruit"
Needles: US 2
Started 5/4 Finished 5/8

Will I do these again? Many, many times and many adaptations, I'm sure.

3 comments:

gourdongirl said...

These look lovely. I've always wanted to try toe up sox, but could never get the cast on right, but think I could manage the crochet way. Think I will try some soon.

LaBean said...

The socks look great!! I'm not sure if you're left or right handed but I do everything you said but with the opposite needles(Unless you typo'd or something). I knit backwards so in that case when I'm 'purling', I use the left needle to lift the wraps up to the right needle before purling.

When I said I added stitches I meant that I picked up stitches in the gap area to sort of close it. Then on the way around for the next few rows, I just decrease the stitches until I'm back to the regular count. That's it! Just pick em up from wherever as long as the gaps are closed.

turtlegirl76 said...

Yeah I think we do the same thing. I slip the wrapped stitch to my working needle, then take the left needle and lift up the wraps onto the working needle. Then I transfer it all back to the left needle so I can knit or purl it. I guess I just need to pick up stitches in the gaps and that should fix it.

The one thing I can't figure is why the pattern came out perfect on one, and the other it's muddled. The gauge and stitches cast on are exactly the same! Strange.