Friday, August 11, 2006

SOCK OF DOOM!!!!



I haven't been posting in quite some time and now I have to let you all know why...
I ran in to a SOCK OF DOOM... this little sucker is just defying me... I have no idea why, but I knitted this sock ( just a regular toe up in opal lollipop) 5 times now... and the heel juat about 3 times every time I get there... I am getting realy discuraged . I have been knitting socks for years and years and here I am seemingly unable to complete this one...
* ripping out hair *
here is a pic of the culprit...

I seriously need help... I started a new sock in different yarn just to see, but this one sock seems to have a permanent hold over me ... I got to the heel of the new sock and ... NOOOOOOOOOOO ... not again ..... it is not working... stupid short row heel .. I have made them a million times , now they have holes or lost stiches...

what is wrong with me???

Don't look at me I am hiddeous!!!!

*scampers off

6 comments:

LaBean said...

What exactly is going wrong with the sock.. you never told me... I'd help if I knew what was bugging you...

Anonymous said...

Put them aside and knit something else. :)
No, seriously what exactly is going wrong?

Susann said...

*grrr* why did I post anonymously?

spinndiva said...

you know... I don't know what is wrong with it.. it is different things every time I get to the heel... I have made short row heels FOREVER and this one just keeps on throwing me curveballs... no actually they are sliders...

Unknown said...

You could try the new toe-up heel flap in one of the new knitty patterns (I forget which).

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

My beautiful wife I will jut go and buy some.
Remember if you think its true then its true..