Thursday, August 31, 2006

Well, alright!

Ok everybody I finally have something to post here. Behold, my very first pair of handspun socks!

These toe up socks are made from Columbia top which I got from Coppermoose, on ebay. I took half the fiber and divided it up into 4 strips, and placed the Kool Aid/Rit colors on each strip approximately in the same place. After the dyeing was done I broke off each color section and spun them out of order. Made of 2 plies of laceweight singles, I had approximately 280 yards at the onset. I'll have to measure the leftovers to see how much these socks used.

1 comment:

spinndiva said...

YAYYYY !!!! Bean is back!!!
Love the socks!