Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sock Progress...

Finally! Got the system up and running again. Stupid me forgot all my passwords. You won't believe what I had to go through to remember how to get in here just to post this.

I THOUGHT I was ready for the heel flap of Pomatomus til I reread the pattern. Yep, you guessed it. Another chart repeat before I could knit the heel. No biggie. By now, I've practically memorized the pattern. Just a few more rows of the charf and THEN I can knit the heel. No kidding!! Jaywalker's sock number 2 is also almost ready for the heel flap. I've committed THAT pattern to memory and I had to stop for a bit to catch up on Pomo and because I didn't have my trust tape measure with me to make sure the leg wouldn't turn out too long. Since I'm home now, I can measure to see how much longer to make it.

So, on with the show! On the left, Jaywalker, on the right, Pomatomus. The Jays are on size 1's and the Poma's are on size 0s.



Whatcha think?

5 comments:

Karen said...

Girl, I've finished my SECOND pair of Jaywalkers in the time it's taken you to do 2 half socks! And I started a pair of socks for the little one.

I love that trekking colorway....Must. Go. Buy. Some.

gourdongirl said...

i love them. go for it girl!!!!!

Jennifer said...

That's it! Bean, you have inspired me to knit the pomatomus socks! I wasn't thrilled about the pattern when I first saw it, but your socks in that loverly yellow have swayed me. I think I'll use the new Wildefoote I just bought. :)

Stacey said...

I love the poto socks! What yarn is that!!! You don't see too much yellow, so I was actually going to dye my own. They look great!

turtlegirl76 said...

Very pretty colors. I so want to try my hand at Pomatomus, but I haven't done toe up yet, and I don't have solid (or even close to solid) sock yarn.