Monday, April 17, 2006

Back home with Jaywalkers!

Just 10 minutes before arriving at home, the second sock was finished! Good timing, right?!
You're wondering why they look so different from Saturday morning's post? Well, I can explain that. As always I started with 60 stitches and knit the cuff. Then I thought it might be a good idea to try them on and see if they fit over the heel. They didn't. So I frogged all, left the ribbing since it was wide enough and added 8 stitches. Knit down to almost the heel, now it was too wide. You can imagine what came next. Yes, I frogged again and knit a bit tighter, because the pattern needed the 68 stitches. This time it came out perfect.
I have a somewhat narrow foot, so I decreased 8 stitches after the heel, which brought me back to 60 and the nice stripes again.


So, what's next you ask? I think I'll make another pair of Jaywalkers with handdyed sockyarn I got from Helloyarn ages ago.

No comments: