Sunday, April 16, 2006

I'm still socking...

I've finally finished one of the toe up socks in KnitPicks Sock Garden-Daffodil. I'll refer to them as the Daffy socks. They most certainly drove me that. I bound off the cuff and the bloody thing was too tight! Even with using a needle 3 times bigger than the needle I used to knit with. Still couldn't get the sock over my heel.

I had to rip back to the beginning of the cuff(just easier to pick up the stitches in stockinette than in ribbing), reknit the ribbing and I used Elizabeth Zimmerman's sewn bind-off to try again. It worked! I was able to get the whole sock on! I must remember this from now on. The sewn bind-off is a little more time-consuming than a regular bind-off but soooooo worth it! If you'd like some easy instructions for the bind off, look here .

Sorry, no pics as yet. Gonna wait til I get further on the mate before doing that.

No comments: